TALK IT UP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TALK IT UP

Anything and Everything R/C

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

early indoor classes 08

Go down 
+3
spedtke
Scott (Hawk6)
gilley11
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
gilley11

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-03-20

early indoor classes 08 Empty
PostSubject: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 2nd 2007, 7:28 pm

I know it's early but this will give every one a heads up for fall indoor racing I guess weatther a new track location (dirt or carpet) bla bla bla
stadium truck 1/10 stock 27turn stick pack
stadium truck 1/18
stadium truck mod-brushless-lipo

sedan stock 27turn
sedan mod-less-lipo
mini cooper class stock stick pack

I heard a couple of guys want to run this class (it runs at trackside also)
mini cooper any info from you about where to purshase these'which one front wheel rear wheel st r 0u812 Ifound a couple to choose from.

STOCK MEANS STOCK

MOD MEANS MOD

1/18 for the kids

And lets get the b.s. started

lol!
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-03-18

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2007, 12:52 am

The Tamiya Minis are a lot of fun to drive, low cost, and usually very close racing.

M03 is front wheel drive, and there are three wheelbases to choose from:
M03 Mini Rover is short wheelbase
M03M is a Suzuki Swift body style and is the medium wheelbase
M03L is the modern Mini Cooper body style and long wheelbase

M04 is rear wheel drive. I think the M04M Mazda Miata (Tamiya calls it a "Eunos Roadster") is the only rear wheel drive currently available.

You can buy any of these kits for about $120, but you should add oil shocks for about $25, and bearings.

The Swift kit comes with the most bearings (and an ESC) for $129, so it's the best value for the money. I'll have a "loaner" (or maybe "rental" tongue depending on your driving skill) available this fall.

Derek and I will race Minis if it;s a class, and Tim will too.

https://servimg.com/view/11333655/10

The Mini in the front is the M03 (short wheelbase). The one in the second row is the M03M Swift. The one in the third row is the rear wheel drive M04 Mazda. The photo by the way is from Trackside in Milwaukee last March for a big Tamiya race. 41 minis entered. Derek took 14th Cool

Last edited by on September 3rd 2007, 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
gilley11

PostSubject: mini info   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2007, 4:42 pm

lot of info thanks just one thought (which one) would be the one that you have or run or do any of these run together all at once which one would be majority i guess i'm asking then everybody knows and can go that direction i'm guessing this is a stock motor stick pack class
any esc
any servo
any body swift,cooper maita
? tires foam or rubber
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2007, 9:10 pm

I'd say run them all together, that's the way the Tamiya Championship Series does it. Since the rear wheel drive (M04 Miata) is a little touchier coming out of the corners, it gets to use a 21 tooth pinion to give it more straight away speed. All the front wheel drive ones (any of the M03s) can only use up to 20 tooth pinion.

The kits come with a "silver can" motor which is slower than regular 27T stock motors. That's the motor that is usually run in them.

The tires are rubber and smaller than touring car tires. They are called "Tamiya 60D tires". The usual set up is Tamiya "Super Grip" on the front and Tamiya "Medium Grip" in the rear - and just the opposite for the rear wheel drive cars.

The M03M Swift is the best deal for the money because it comes with an ESC and wheel bearings (still should get oil shocks and a few bearings for the tranny). But anything should be competitive with other minis.

Hopefully we can get a bunch racing this fall.

If anyone wants me to put together a detailed list of part numbers for tires, inserts, bearings, shocks, just let me know.

Derek and I each have a M03M Swift. We also have one M04 Miata that we haven't run yet, and I'm in the process of trying to piece together another M03. So, like I said, once we start, I'd be glad to let people test drive the different cars.

$130 for the Swift kit, $25 for oil shocks, maybe $10 for bearings = $165 for a complete kit which includes a motor. Cheap fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 3rd 2007, 9:25 pm

A great site with a bunch of info on Tamiya minis is:

www.rc-mini.net
Back to top Go down
gilley11

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 4th 2007, 11:34 pm

thanks that was very helpful
i talked to cory last night and he would be interested also so that would be 5 we'll see how it goes but we might be on to something here
looking at the calander i'll be able to race outdoors one more time then we'll be in oct so indoor will be here before you know it

mf2 brushless
mini coop stock

start stocking up ryan lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
spedtke

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-03-25

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2007, 7:12 am

When do you guys start the indoor season?
Back to top Go down
xtremerc

Registration date : 2007-03-26

PostSubject: Indoor start date   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 14th 2007, 9:44 pm

We are looking at the middle to late part of November. It depends alot on how soon the weather will not let us race outdoors anymore. We hope to have all the details finished soon regarding indoors and then we will post an announcement. So stay tuned.....

Rick Alston
Communcations director
Discount America Hobby and Motorsports
Cheese City X-treme RC
Back to top Go down
gilley11

PostSubject: another m-03   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 15th 2007, 2:44 am

I got the m-03 together man thats alot of parts clip , file ,clip ,file clip ,file affraid i'm looking foward to racing this little thing
I think i got a bad can of paint it orange pealed all over and looks kinda funky,but what are you going to do
Back to top Go down
ae_racer17

ae_racer17

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 16th 2007, 7:54 pm

anyone want to run an open stock class???? or am i going to just have to race my stock motor in open
Back to top Go down
gilley11

PostSubject: mo3 question   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 24th 2007, 12:06 am

hey scott does the mo3 diff allways act like a slipper clutch that needs to be tightened or do i have a problem.
It works fine it just has that lag for a second before tou get full traction
going to mini maham at trackside Question
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 12:04 am

Yup. The stock gear diff acts like that, which translates to sloooow acceleration on the track. The fix is to put shims between the big gears in the diff and the plastic diff housings. This tightens the diff. I have some shims I can give you at the Mini race Friday night or Saturday morning. It's very easy to fix (once you take the chassis apart to get to the diff).

Glad to hear you'll be at the Mini Mayhem race. I can't wait, even though I have had zero practice.
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 25th 2007, 9:04 pm

Rod, and Tim (and anyone else with a Tamiya Mini),
I think Derek and I are going to go up to Trackside this Saturday to race minis to get some practice for the Mini Mayhem race next weekend. It would be great if all of us could get up there this weekend.

Sorry to Cheese City for talking about another race venue here Embarassed , but since it's not in direct competition with you (since we're not running indoors yet) hopefully nobody minds.
Back to top Go down
gilley11

PostSubject: mini   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 12:46 am

i have to work again on saturday so i won't be able to make it
shims betwee what (didn't quite understand) thanks
uknow i wish that to help with level the playing feild (no practice) go strait to qual racing no practice for anyone just racing for those who can't make it a 3 day weekend just my vent!!!!!!!!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 26th 2007, 1:49 am

Lucky for you, I'm traveling for business and don't have much else to do tonight other than be an internet RC geek. Take a look at the attached photo.

The circled shims are the ones you should have already put in - according to the instructions. If you add one or two more shims to either side, it will tighten the diff.

https://servimg.com/view/11333655/14
Back to top Go down
Racin 1

Racin 1

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2007-04-16

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 2:27 am

AE Racer, what do you mean by open stock? Any stock motor?

I would like to see

Beginer truck
Stock truck
Open truck- for those who like break SH Exclamation T lol!

Beginer sedan
Stock sedan

Mini-t

Tamiya mini

Wow, that looks like a lot classes????????? affraid
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 3:10 am

Racin 1 wrote:
AE Racer, what do you mean by open stock? Any stock motor?

I would like to see

Beginer truck
Stock truck
Open truck- for those who like break SH Exclamation T lol!

Beginer sedan
Stock sedan

Mini-t

Tamiya mini

Wow, that looks like a lot classes????????? affraid

Corey,
I don't think we have that much class tongue I know, that was dumb.

Can't wait for the indoor season to start. First things first though -- let's figure out where we are racing (school or some new undisclosed location silent ), then see who shows up.

As one of the few non-nitro guys here, I'm really itching to start racing again. I'd be ready to go this Saturday.

I know I'm just rambling here, so I'll shut up. Did I tell you I can;t wait for the indoor season to start bounce affraid
Very Happy Twisted Evil Suspect
What a Face Arrow
cyclops tongue
affraid bounce
bom geek
Back to top Go down
xtremerc

PostSubject: It's getting closer   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 27th 2007, 3:49 pm

Hey Scott;

You will have wait a little bit longer. Things are coming together nicely with the indoor plans and we are planning on making the official announcement at Appreciation day on the 13th. So stay tuned.

We are still looking at the middle to end of November to start racing. We will hold a meeting before hand and classes and everything else regarding indoors will be set and discussed at that time. More info coming on a date and time of the meeting also.

Sorry I can't say more!!! We think you guys are going to like our indoor program even better this year!!!!

Rick Alston
Discount America Hobby and Motor Sports & Cheese City X-treme RC
Communications Director
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 1:33 am

Cool.

If you guys need help with anything prior to the official announcement, let me know. I'd be glad to lend a hand and help out - cleaning up, adding outlets, building drivers stand - let me know. Heck, I could even do some of that on the 13th while you nitro guys are outside having fun. Seriously, let me know if you need some extra help.
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

Number of posts : 125

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 1:46 am

I am going to crash your "indoor" party here on the forum. I want to stay outside and race forever. I like being able to drive wide in the corners and still be on the track, open up the throttle and not having to worry about running into a brick wall or a sandbag. I hope I don't suck this winter like I did last year. I am going to stock up on front arms pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale

Time will tell lol!
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 1:48 am

Wow, I just reread my post and I appologize for wasting your time. Razz
Back to top Go down
ae_racer17

ae_racer17

Number of posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 4:00 am

yea any stock motor or 13.5 brushless cuz i dont really want to run a mod motor and i think it would be fun to do. cuz even last winter when i ran my stock motor in mod it was still up in the front so its just all about driving
Back to top Go down
xtremerc

PostSubject: Thanks Scott!!!   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 5:00 am

Thanks Scott!!

We will keep that in mind and will be in contact.. We will need allot of help from allot of people to get things ready. The light at the end of the path got allot brighter today regarding indoors but we will keep you still in suspense until the 13th with the exact details.........

Nino you are too funny!!!!!!! I could see you out there in January racing!!!!

Rick Alston
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 28th 2007, 11:17 am

ILDRVR wrote:
I am going to crash your "indoor" party here on the forum. I want to stay outside and race forever. I like being able to drive wide in the corners and still be on the track, open up the throttle and not having to worry about running into a brick wall or a sandbag. I hope I don't suck this winter like I did last year. I am going to stock up on front arms pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale pale

Time will tell lol!

Don't you at least miss the Big Cups indoors?
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitimeSeptember 29th 2007, 5:48 am

Yeah...they are not melted like when we race outdoors
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: early indoor classes 08   early indoor classes 08 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

early indoor classes 08
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next