TALK IT UP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TALK IT UP

Anything and Everything R/C

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

couldn't help myself

Go down 
+4
Jammin 28
grasshopper 1
ILDRVR
Mansonfish
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

Number of posts : 110
Registration date : 2007-03-18

couldn't help myself Empty
PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 2:18 am

I have the XTM 457 in the muggy, and just finally got it broken in last week. But it only has about 10 tanks ran through it...so it isn't fully broken in. Running the Fioroni twin turbo clutch in it, and I'm really thinking that's gonna be a good clutch.

I haven't done much with the 8ight-T yet. I have the VSPEC in it, and really wondering how the stock LOSI clutch is going to handle. It seems like a good 4 shoe setup, but only time will tell. Waiting for the weather to get really nice before even thinking of breaking that one in though. Plus I ordered a fast servo for the throttle/brake that just arrived in the shop, so have to get that installed. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.brodheadbashers.com
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2007, 2:38 am

I ran the XTM 457 last year and I was very pleased. It was pretty easy to keep tuned and I am just learning about all of this.

Some of us got together over the weekend to run our truggies, so I got my Mammoth out for a little fun. I gave them all a run for their money by winning the "Round robin drag-race". Lots of fun thanks guys
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 12:23 am

Myself, Rob, and Darrin spent a good 5 hours today playing with our toys. Rob has his LST2 hooked up...bigtime...his XTM 457 is dialed in. Pulling wheelies with an LST2 is always impressive. Suspect

Darrin was running his EK-4, with 30% nitro instead of 15....and oh my....those things are just insane affraid

I finally broke in the STS 30...and after having to change out the clutch in the LST2 because the carbon shoes were slipping entirely too much (thanks rob)....it seems like it's gonna be a great motor...all kinds of bottom end. Very Happy

And the Muggy finally got a good workout as well....I'm starting to have more and more confidence in that thing....the XTM 457 combined with the Fioroni Clutch made that thing hook up great. Very Happy Very Happy

And I think the most suprising thing of all....nothing broken at the end of the day.... cheers
Back to top Go down
grasshopper 1

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2007-03-21

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeMarch 26th 2007, 4:07 am

Nothing Broke!!! You are slacking. It sounds like the 30% fuel made a difference in the EK4. Can't wait to see it. I plan on running a cox .049 in my truck this year with an open header.
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeMarch 29th 2007, 4:02 am

I am planning on running the LRP.28 Truggy engine with the aluminum clutch shoes that come with my kit. The word is that they are pretty good.

Tonight Ryan told me about the new Jammin .28 ??? Decisions....Decisions
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 12:04 am

The good thing is.....is that you can get the kit all built before worrying about what motor to put in it....and yeah...those decisions suck.... scratch
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 2:21 am

I do have a bit of time to decide before I get the truck built. I am pretty sure I am going to get the LRP.

How do you know what clutch bell to run...13T....14T....Whatever it comes with??????
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeMarch 30th 2007, 3:17 am

well it usually depends on how the truck is geared. a good start is seeing what the truck comes with..or what it recommends, and going from there...whatever the case may be....I'd get a vented bell...just to save on the temps

I know that some people are going with a 14 or 15 tooth cb with their jammins....and with my muggy I probably won't go any higher than a 12...maybe a 13.
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 4th 2007, 12:45 pm

How is the new Jammin .28 working out? Do you notice any fuel milage benefits like it mentions? The LRP is still on back order so I have been thinking about looking at other motors
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 3:24 am

Are there any reviews on the new jammin .28??? After talking with Rob, I am interested in the motor, but I have not heard anything else about it? I have read many good posts about the LRP.
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 10th 2007, 4:03 am

That's because Darrin never thinks to post on here.... Mad But that motor, from what I was told...was one of the easiest to tune. I've seen the motor in action and it's got all kinds of crazy power. Myself personally...am very very very impressed with it...and it doesnt' seem to suck down the fuel very quick either, for being a .28

I'm thinking it's going to be a really great motor. The motor, combined with the Fioroni clutch...made the front tires bounce in the air from a dead stop....it just has no slip what so ever....that clutch is awesome
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 12:37 am

Well...I asked Ryan to order me the Jammin .28 so my new power plant should be here soon. The fuel milage comments are what sold it to me. I really can not find much on this motor.
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 1:50 am

I really think you'll like it. Although it's a beoooooootch to first start. Rob and Darrin chewed up the flywheel really good cause it would get stuck when the piston was up top. Might need to heat it up like Mark did with the VSpec.

A good starter box will be key also. I ordered a different starter box for my 8ight-T.... It's an ofna box...but not the chrome lid style. This one has 2 motors in it......it came in the mail yesterday and it's got a ton more torque than the other. the part number is OFN10244

Gonna talk to ryan about looking into them...they are much smaller....A TON lighter...and a lot more torque than the chrome lid style. I think Darrin and Rob might get one also.
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 2:25 am

Ryan just called me and the LRP is now in stock, but the Jammin is on back order. If I could just make up my mind I might be able to get an engine.

I am again not knowing what to purchase
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 2:32 am

good one slick......I have an OS .12 CVR in stock at my place if you want it..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 2:38 am

I might be a little slow on the straight with that beast.
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 2:46 am

think of the fuel milage you'll get.....plus....since you can't make up your mind on a motor...you'll end up having to push the truggy around the track before you finally get one. Laughing

maybe you should be the first to run a mamba powered truggy
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 3:36 am

If I rig up the Mamba, I would need a few lipos to keep up in the main. Do you know anyone who has a lipo or two...That has not melted?

I'll figure this motor thing out soon
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 11th 2007, 12:08 pm

Shocked nice one!!

But it didn't really melt as much as it expanded and exploded affraid
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 1:14 am

My engine is in and soon it will be broke in. Thanks to everyone who has helped with this build. I ended up going with the LRP Truggy Spec 3 .28 (non-pullstart)

https://servimg.com/view/11149219/4

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 1:33 am

you are very welcome. Oh wait...I didn't do anything to help scratch
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 17th 2007, 1:48 am

You provided me with moral support and you set a good example of how to spend $$$$.$$ in the hobby shop.
Back to top Go down
Jammin 28

Jammin 28

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 22nd 2007, 5:45 pm

Jerod show us some pictures of your 8T, this Cen thing is getting old. Sorry Nino. scratch
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 23rd 2007, 2:06 am

soon........ Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Jammin 28

Jammin 28

Number of posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitimeApril 24th 2007, 11:32 pm

I want to see it before you trash it. Or see if it fits my driving style. Cool Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

couldn't help myself
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TALK IT UP :: Nitro Vehicles :: Engines and Clutches-
Jump to: