TALK IT UP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TALK IT UP

Anything and Everything R/C

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

couldn't help myself

Go down 
+4
Jammin 28
grasshopper 1
ILDRVR
Mansonfish
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-03-20

couldn't help myself - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2007, 3:59 am

I now have 7 or 8 tanks through the LRP and the engine is working fine. I can't wait to get it on the track. Did I mention anything about the Cen Matrix Arena TR because I think the Cen Matrix Arena TR is going to be a wonderful race truck. I hope someone who knows how to drive (Hint to Ryan) will buy the Cen Matrix Arena TR so we can really see it's potential. cheers
Back to top Go down
Jammin 28

Jammin 28

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-03-18

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 28th 2007, 1:31 pm

Nino, why do you need Ryan to run one? What's wrong with your driving? You should be waiting for Ryan, so you could beat him. bounce
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeApril 29th 2007, 6:07 am

I want some others to run it so I can steal some of their setup ideas. Remeber I am still pretty new at all of this and any help I can get will be appreciated. I am looking forward to learning a lot more about setting up this truggy.
Back to top Go down
Jammin 28

Jammin 28

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2007, 12:27 am

Nino, you should read up on what different fluids and adjustments do to your truck, and go with what suits your driving style. Ryan's set-up would probably be the last you would want. He likes everything quick and squirrelly.

I'm running Chad Bradley's set-up. His seems to work well for me. I did make some diff fluid changes which helped me alot. This months XtremeRC mag has a test and ideas for the Matrix. Check it out.

Just remember learn about your truck and how to adjust it yourself and you will be fine.

Read your instruction booklet, it should have alot of tuning ideas in it. lol!
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

Number of posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 1st 2007, 3:29 am

That's the joys of setups......your perfect setup could be the absolute worst for someone else....
Back to top Go down
http://www.brodheadbashers.com
JOEL CL1

JOEL CL1

Number of posts : 10

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 12:05 am

I got a storm cl1 and i am running a wasp 28 i was wondering if i should go to a 14 tooth clutch bell instead of a 13 tooth that came stock any info would be appreciated thanks
Back to top Go down
Ryan R&J RACING

Ryan R&J RACING

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 12:41 am

it dont matter what u do u ant going 2 go faster u cant drive.
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 2:24 am

best option in my opinion is get it to the track..and see how it reacts...if the smaller clutch bell seems to top out quickly....stepping up to the larger one might be needed....ya don't want it topping out too quick, plus don't want it dragging the motor down cause it's geared too high
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 2:49 am

Roger your right...I just need to spend time out there and figure things out. I guess that is the fun of the hobby
Back to top Go down
Jammin 28

Jammin 28

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 2nd 2007, 2:58 am

Nino, I've spent hour after hour studying and reading articles and set-ups. It's really cool when you try something and it turns out. Once you know what each adjustment does, you can dial it to your liking. I have Ryan's old buggy and I had to change alot of things so it would work for me.

What I've read so far the Matrix sounds like a pretty decent truck. Only track time will let you know if it is or not. I know the Jammin CRT Pro is a hell of a truck. My pick as my favorite truck.
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 10:28 am

it's your favorite cause you haven't driven anything else.... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Jammin 28

Jammin 28

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 8th 2007, 10:43 pm

Hey, Wireman!

I've raced Losi stadium trucks, T-Maxx monster truck, 9.5 Pro Ofna buggy, My Jammin truggyand now your 8-T. So I hope it's ready for a real workout!!!!!! bounce Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 9th 2007, 12:31 am

oh it's ready...lets just see if you can handle driving it Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2007, 3:00 am

How often should I take apart my clutch? I am running an aluminum 3 shoe clutch?

Thanks

The LRP should be tuned a bit better this week. I didn't have much time last week to mess with it.
Back to top Go down
Mansonfish

Mansonfish

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 16th 2007, 4:13 pm

I guess it all depends on how often you want to check it. I plan on taking off my clutch bell every week, just to check the bearings and to see the progress of the clutch. The good thing about a vented clutch bell is sometimes you can actually look inside the bell and see the shoes. If you can get to your motor mount screws easy enough...then all you have to do is take out those four screws and tear into the clutch bell. Plus then you don't have to worry about messing with the mesh everytime.

I would say though that it doesn't hurt to check them weekly, or bi-weekly...because then you can see the progress of your clutch shoes and see how much they wear from week to week....plus checking the bearings is always good
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMay 17th 2007, 3:09 am

Thanks, my motor will come in and out pretty easy without having to adjust it everytime.
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 3:14 am

I melted my aluminum 3-shoe clutch shoes, so I decided to go with the Firionionirioniinoninonino. So now I am set up like a lot of you losers
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 6th 2007, 3:27 am

I just happened to bring my old clutch in when Ryan was unpacking a shipment so I thought about it for about 10 min and then...well you know the rest.
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJune 14th 2007, 3:34 am

So far I really like the new clutch. After the three Pro Series Heats there wasn't even any noticable wear on the shoes....and boy do they grab!
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 28th 2008, 10:16 pm

What engines are catching your eyes for this summer?
Back to top Go down
robob1

robob1

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-01-18

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeJanuary 31st 2008, 4:47 pm

Hey Nino,
I did not have good luck with my 2-yes 2 O.S. VG's last sumer!
I have never needed more than 1 O.S. engine to get me through the Sumer before!
I loved the old RG's and the expensive Vspecs but O.S. really dropped the ball with the VG!
Here is some info I've gathered-

Dynamite Mach 427-7 port,easy to tune around 6minutes/tank in Hellfire$150
Ofna Jammin .21-5 port,Easy to tune $239
O.S. X2 .28-9 port! 3.5hp $300(Monster!)
R&B C6 .21-9 port! lots of power,a little hard to tune $360
Orion Wasp .26-good power 7.5-8 minutes/tank $=?

I think I'm leaning towards the Mach 427 because I need reliability big time after last years VG let downs and it is easy to keep in tune and for $150 you could buy 2 for the price of others!

Let us know what you find out Nino.

Bob Hommen
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFebruary 1st 2008, 3:05 am

Last year I started with the LRP Spec .28 which had tons of power and ran strong for 3.5 gallons. I then went to the Werks .28 which again was great for the power, but the actual crank broke while running. It was never the same when it came back. Both good engines, but your going to have to stop more than once in a 15 min main. I ended the season with the Jammin .21 and as Bob mentioned it was easy to tune and plenty of motor to power my Matrix. I also liked not having to pit every 5 mins
Back to top Go down
tudoe666

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-01-25

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMarch 20th 2008, 2:48 am

I was just wondering if anyone has tried the axial .28rr I currently have the .28spec and love it!!! Great bang for the buck. I was also looking into the novarossi engines but they are expensive!!!!!!

Race on Freaks

TUDOE
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: couldn't help myself   couldn't help myself - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

couldn't help myself
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TALK IT UP :: Nitro Vehicles :: Engines and Clutches-
Jump to: