Now that we know we will be racing Tamiya Minis, I thought I'd post the rules typically used for Tamiya Minis. For anyone racing Minis, please post here if you have any questions or don't agree with using these rules. Thanks.
Race Rules for Tamiya Minis (based on Tamiya Championship Series rules):
· Tamiya parts only for chassis, body, tires, wheels, shocks
· Can use any radio, ESC, servo, ball bearings, tire inserts
· Stick pack batteries only (larger than 4200 mAh may not fit chassis)
· No chassis lightening allowed
· Kit type closed-endbell, silver can motor only (Mabuchi or Johnson) must be used.
· Maximum pinion for M03 chassis is 20 tooth, for M04 chassis 21 tooth. (Pinions are metric size, NOT standard 48 or 64 pitch).
· Any Tamiya plastic or aluminum damper may be used.
· Any Tamiya short or regular size spring may be used.
· Any Tamiya Hop-Op Option and spare part is allowed as long as it is used in the way it was designed, and on the vehicle it was designed for. It is strictly forbidden to re-engineer or modify the car in any way other than with Tamiya Hop-Ups.
· Any motor and battery connector or direct hard wiring is allowed.
· Tire conditioners are allowed on rubber tires, but may be restricted at certain venues.
· Any modification not called out specifically in these rules is not legal. If a driver finds a loophole within the rules, that exploitation will be deemed illegal.
What to Buy:
· Tamiya part # 58368 Suzuki Swift M03M kit, includes motor, ESC
· Tamiya part # 50746 (need 2 sets) oil shocks
· Tamiya part # 5333 short springs (to stiffen suspension)
· Tamiya part # 53254 “S Grip” (soft, super grip) tires for front
· Tamiya part # 50684 “M Grip” (medium grip) tires for rear
· (4) 11x5mm bearings for transmission
· (2) 8x5mm bearings for transmission
Nice to Have, But Not Required:
· Tamiya part # 53205 universal shaft set
· Tamiya part # 53267 TA03 ball differential
· Tamiya part # 53344 aluminum motor heat sink
· Tamiya part #51238 spare suspension parts that might break (uprights, hubs)