TALK IT UP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TALK IT UP

Anything and Everything R/C

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

spec sedan plans for winter

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cowboy

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2007-07-17

spec sedan plans for winter Empty
PostSubject: spec sedan plans for winter   spec sedan plans for winter Icon_minitimeJuly 17th 2007, 1:36 am

i know this is arly, but as it seems that i wont be able to race outdoor(big bummer Evil or Very Mad ), i want to get an idea what the guys from spec sedan are think for this winter....i.e. any upgrades to the cars Twisted Evil .

hope everything is goin good for outdoor
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: spec sedan plans for winter   spec sedan plans for winter Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2007, 1:57 am

I am going to run my TC4 with rubber tires. I think I am going to run a 27 turn in the stock class.

Does anyone have an extra TC4 chasis for sale? Mine is currently held together by tire glue. That spec racing turned into a demo derby pretty fast.

What is everyone else running?
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-03-18

PostSubject: Re: spec sedan plans for winter   spec sedan plans for winter Icon_minitimeOctober 16th 2007, 2:39 am

I know it's not a "sedan", but a great "spec" class is the Tamiya mini class that me and Derek and Tim and Rod (and maybe Corey) plan to run this fall.

So, if any spec racers are planning on investing in a new car this fall, I'd propose the Tamiya minis -- they are inexpensive, fun, tough, simple, and the racing is great. Less stuff to break and less stuff to tune make it a great spec class.

I'll have a loaner/rental available if anyone wants to try one.

I've posted info on the "early indoor classes" thread under "Winter Racing League" if you want more info.

Or, google Tamiya Mini Swift for more info.
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: spec sedan plans for winter   spec sedan plans for winter Icon_minitimeNovember 12th 2007, 3:07 am

I am looking into a 13.5 bl system for my sedan. I don't want to have to constantly fuss with my 27 turn. I can never get them to be as consistant as the better drivers.

I think I might get the 13.5 Novak SS pro with the GTB, but that is a big chunk of change. They also have an EX 13.5 sport system? Who has used these???
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: spec sedan plans for winter   spec sedan plans for winter Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2007, 3:09 am

Scott, have you seen the Mini forum on RC tech?? It is in the onroad electric threads.
Back to top Go down
Scott (Hawk6)

Scott (Hawk6)

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-03-18

PostSubject: Re: spec sedan plans for winter   spec sedan plans for winter Icon_minitimeNovember 15th 2007, 12:57 pm

Yes, I definitely have sen it. It's up to 180 pages of info and banter on minis. Here's the link:
http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3868736#post3868736
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

PostSubject: Re: spec sedan plans for winter   spec sedan plans for winter Icon_minitimeDecember 4th 2007, 4:37 am

I just intalled my GTB/13.5 in my sedan for this weekend...WOW There are a ton of wires compared to my Mamba Max. It looks like a huge mess, I will definatly have to do some trimming after I make sure everything works.

Are there any wires I shouldn't trim on the GTB?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spec sedan plans for winter   spec sedan plans for winter Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spec sedan plans for winter
Page 1 of 1