TALK IT UP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

TALK IT UP

Anything and Everything R/C

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xtremerc

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-03-26

2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: 2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!!   2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!! Icon_minitimeOctober 30th 2007, 4:19 am

Hi All;

Below is a copy of an e-mail that we received from Josh Thompson Director of the RC Pro WI Series regarding what we thought was our opportunity to host one of the races in 2008.

I will let you read it for your self...

"I regret to inform you that upon the meeting with my series directors we are going to need to redo the track selections. We feel that it is in the best interest of the series and the racers. We need to make sure that we are able to please the majority of the racers and right now the majority sound to be against us.

We are going to leave it up to the racers to vote on the tracks they want to see. Each racer is going to be able to vote for only one track. We will then take the top 4 tracks and the track with the most votes will be the finals track killing two birds with one stone. The voting is going to take place on the official RC Pro WI forum that is currently in the makes. The accounts will be verified and granted access to the voting area.

So I want to say I am sorry for the inconvenience but I feel this is what needs to be done to save the series.

If there are any concerns please feel free to call me 920-373-0584

Thanks

Josh Thompson"

To see more on this issue please check out www.rctech.net and under the forum section please read the one for the RC Pro Wi series.

So here is what it comes down to. If you want us to be selected as one of the host tracks for the 2008 RC Pro WI Series we are really going to need your help....

This is out of our hands and it will be in yours.... Please help us out and vote.

When I get any updates I will post them ASAP!!! And questions please post them here and either Ryan or I will respond.

Thanks

Rick Alston
Cheese City X-treme RC & Discount America Hobby and Motor sports
Communications Director.....
Back to top Go down
Damin69

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-05-22

PostSubject: Re: 2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!!   2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2007, 12:43 am

Let me be the first to Say Congrats to you guys. Just posted today on the WI Pro Series forums. Josh has made the selections for the 2008 series races. You guys will be hosting Race 5/Finals at your track. :-) I am looking forward to next year already. We(Reedsburg) are Race 4 in the series. Here is the post from Josh.

Post by TripleX-JT Today at 5:58 pm
Let me start with a quote I saw that I think pretty much sums up what I need to do for the series to make it go from here on out.

"A sensible man knows you can't please everybody. A wise man knows you can't please anybody."

I know that no matter what I do, what I say, someone, somewhere is going to have an issue with the decisions that I make. This is the burden that I have elected to take upon myself to offer you, the racers the best possible racing experience that I can.

So I think allowing the racers vote on the tracks they want would just add more issues to the on-going subject. Who gets to the vote, how to prevent users from creating new names to vote with, are the votes fair, whatever the case may be just creates more headaches then what is worth. As well as I am sure somebody will think that since I am the administrator of the forum that I decided what tracks are in and what tracks are out.

As the majority of you have seen or heard that there are some issues between myself and another track. I am sorry that it has been made public for all of you to witness. Some stuff needs to be discussed behind closed doors and not out in the open but others see otherwise. I know as much as you the racers feel you need to know everything that goes on with the series there are things that are better off that you don’t in order to better serve you. This is why I am the series director; I need to do what is in the best interest for the racers and the series.

Here is one thing that I do think everyone needs to know. There are specific guidelines that the RC Pro Series hands out at the beginning of every year. I then organize the guidelines for the Wisconsin tracks to follow. The tracks need to follow all the guidelines that are given to them. Like I said these are guidelines given to me by the RC Pro Series they are not guidelines that I just throw together and hope they work out. Tracks need to follow all the guidelines not just the ones they feel like following. As well as when I come to a track (with rumors that I heard) in private conversation and then it gets blasted all over a forum. This makes it very hard for me to trust that they will follow all the guidelines that are given to them. So for this year you guys can make your own judgments on my decision on what tracks I decided to select.

So here are the tracks that I would like to be apart of the 2008 Wisconsin RC Pro Series. However, before I do that let me tell you that for this year I will be adding a 4th round of racing bringing the total number of races to 5. The finals will get pushed back to Oct 11th yes only Oct 11th and the 4th round will be on Sept 13th.

The first track is none other than Northern Hobbies. Since they have a hobby shop that pretty much has everything you need to race and a facility that has plenty of room for pitting.

The second track is going to be Nitro Farm. The crew and racers that attend their events are willing to do what ever it takes to get the track in a primo racing condition no matter what.

The third track will be OCC. Everyone over there is willing to lend a hand to anybody that needs it. If you need help in the pits someone will be there to assist you.

The fourth track Reedsburg. I do not know much about this track personally but from what I heard these guys know what it takes to put on a great race.

Your fifth and your finals track will be Cheese City Xtreme RC. For those of you that have been there know what I am talking about when I say WOW. These guys pretty much have a little bit of everything that racers may need.

So if your track didn’t make the cut for the 2008 season. Please don’t be discouraged as a new track. We already are looking ahead to the 2009 season. For 2009, tracks will be decided in this manner: the finals track from the 2008 season will not be eligible for the 2009 season as well as the 2 or 3 tracks with the lowest turnout. The 2009 finals track will be decided this way: the track with the highest number of entries out of the two will be the host.

I would like to say thanks to everyone for his or her patience throughout this whole ordeal as it brought out the ugly side of RC racing and racers.

Any news or announcements about the 2008 Pro Series of Wisconsin will be posted here and only here. The only things you will see on other forums are posts to let you know about upcoming races.

I am open to ideas on improving the series, but please think before you post because if you are looking to air out your dirty laundry, one of my crew or myself will dry it out for you.

If you do have a problem please contact me via PM or email. I will do my best to resolve it for you.
Josh Thompson
RC Pro WI
Back to top Go down
xtremerc

Number of posts : 69
Registration date : 2007-03-26

PostSubject: Congrats to you as well and we are excited   2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2007, 5:58 am

Todd;

I have been real busy this weekend and am just getting caught up with things late on Sunday night.

1. Congrats to you guys on getting your first race with Josh's group. They make things go so smoothly on Race day it will be a big step for your club. I am sure that there will be a large group from Cheese City X-treme RC making there way up to your place for the event.

2. We are really honored and excited that they decided to have us host the finals. It says alot in how far we have come in the past couple of years....

Ryan and I still want to talk with you guys about maybe doing a couple of Saturday/Sunday Monroe/Reedsburg races next season. Just let me know who it we to talk with to get the ball rolling on this. Hope you can make it down to see our indoor home this winter. Will be really sweet when we get it finished....

Rick Alston
Cheese City X-treme RC & Discoutn America Hobby and Motorsports
Comm. Director
Back to top Go down
crowd pleaser

crowd pleaser

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2007-03-18

PostSubject: Re: 2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!!   2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 5th 2007, 7:50 pm

this is absolutley awsome!!! two rounds close to home and the finals on the home track. it is going to be a great year in 2008.
Back to top Go down
ILDRVR

ILDRVR

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2007-03-20

PostSubject: Re: 2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!!   2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!! Icon_minitimeNovember 6th 2007, 4:04 am

I'm sorry, I read that post from Josh, but I forgot to write anything on here. Thanks Damin and congrats to Reedsburg for being selected. I am ready for outdoor...well as soon as the weather breaks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!!   2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2008 RC Pro Wi Series Track Selection Process!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1